Department of Archaeology in QS World University Rankings 2019
In the 2018 global QS World University Rankings, Masaryk University took the 571st – 580th place among the total of 1 011 evaluated institutions. This ranking result classed it among 56 % of best universities. The main success of this year is the classification among 400 best universities according to the world reputation ranking, which is realised by academics all over the world.
Besides the global ranking, QS also publishes rankings by subject. In 2019, a total of 48 subjects were evaluated, which fall within 5 areas: Arts & Humanities, Engineering & Technology, Life Sciences and Medicine, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences, and Management. The rankings by subject contained for the first time also the subject Archaeology at the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University.
MUNI 2019 QS Rankings by Subject
- The 2019 QS Rankings by Subject covered 48 subjects (as it was last year)
- The rankings by subject are based on 4 indicators: results of international reputation surveys among academics and among employers, citation impact of publications, and H-index
In 2019, MUNI has been ranked in 8 subjects (compared to 5 subjects in 2018):
- English Language & Literature (201–250, interannual ranking improvement)
- Linguistics (201–250, interannually unchanged)
- Agriculture & Forestry (201–250, interannually unchanged)
- Biological Sciences (351–400, interannual ranking improvement)
- Medicine (401–450, interannually unchanged)
In 3 subjects it has been ranked for the first time:
Computer Science & Information System (451–500)